Friday, July 31, 2009

Peavy A Good Trade For Sox, No Matter When He Pitches

I am still in shock that this deal went down. I thought no meant no, apparently I was wrong. Something changed his mind (perfect game, injury, the Padres sucking), and I am so thrilled his mind changed. Now to address all of the concerns over his injury.

First of all, he is injured. He will not be pitching real soon. Sometime in August maybe. Sometime in September, probably. But he was a 50/50 about being shut down this year by the Padres. So we actually have no clue when he will be ready to go in a Sox uniform. What I do know is that I don't care if he pitches this year or not. It doesn't even matter. The Sox traded 4 minor leaguers (Richard was here, but still a minor leaguer) to get one of the best pitchers in baseball. They did not hinder their chances to win this year in anyway. Even if Peavy doesn't pitch.

If he does pitch the Sox are the best team in the American League. Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Floyd, are you kidding me. Couple that with the lineup the Sox put behind those guys. This team is deadly. I personally expect to see him back in action in late August to early September. At the point the Sox have a great chance to not only make a run at the division, but if they get it, they are going to be incredibly tough to beat in the playoffs.

So now we look towards the next few weeks. The major league team lost 1 player. Of course the guy who was going to start tonight (Carrasco is now), but he was battling for that 5th starter spot, which we have at least 3 guys who can take that spot til Peavy is ready. This is awesome, I'll have a lot more tomorrow.

Tonight is for gambling in STL. Thank you for the birthday gift Kenny. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment