Friday, July 24, 2009

TCB's Buehrle Perfect Game Shrine

This is still a hard thing for me to believe. I just can't get it through my head that Mark Buehrle now has 2 no hitters, including one perfect game. There really isn't much I need to say about the game itself, or how good Marcus was, or anything concerning Wise's catch, because odds are you already know everything there is to know about it. So instead I decided to just collect a bunch of pictures and links to post on here to commemorate this phenomenal achievement.















Here are some of the links.

WhiteSox.com Tribute to Mark
AP Story from Yahoo.com
Great ESPN article about how awesome Buehrle is as a person.
Cool story about Obama calling Buehrle
YouTube of all 27 outs

I could go on for days, but these are just some of my favorites. I just can't reiterate enough how awesome it is to see Mark Buehrle do this. It couldn't happen to a better guy, and it's so cool to see him get his deserved appreciation from the sports world.

Also I want to make sure to embrace how great this day is. Often times I harp on the bad stuff on this site, and I attack people for their failures. But today is a day I want to appreciate. I, like most fans, feel worse about the losses than I feel good about the wins. Not today. Today will be a day that we probably will never forget. Tomorrow may not be great and I may be right back on here complaining about losing a game or two to the Tigers, but today is a day for joy. Today is a day to embrace and feel great about the White Sox. We just need to really appreciate this game as much as we can because you never know what this weekend will bring, and there is no debating how great today is. Perfect game, Tigers and Twins lose, Sox move into tie for first. I don't think it gets much better than that in the middle of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment