Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sox Acquire Mark Kotsay

At first I thought to myself, what in the world are we going to do with Mark Kotsay. I then saw that it was a 1 for 1 deal for Brian Anderson. Suddenly I understood it. Get Anderson out of here, bring in a guy who is somewhat of an upgrade to Wise, I guess this is alright.

Of course it's not the blockbuster we were all hoping for, but it's nice to see something get done. Any time you get a change of scenery there's a chance a player can shine. See for example Geoff Blum in 2005. Not the biggest move, not the best move, but he came up with a huge HR in a World Series game. Of course I don't expect Kotsay to do that, though it would be nice, but I could see him having a little more of an impact than Wise was.

Hopefully this is not the end of the deals for Kenny, but at least now we can say we did something. Though it is only a very slight upgrade, I think there's no debate that the Sox did get a little better today. And to do it for only the expense of Brian Anderson, I think it's a nice deal. Now we just hope it was something to ease our minds before Kenny lands the big fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment