Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Late Pitching Change and Funky Lineup for Sox

The new pitching matchup for tonight's game in Minnesota is Jose Contreras against Brian Duensing. Both Colon and Liriano were late scratches from this game. If anything this would skew the odds in the Sox favor, but I still think they are always a long shot to win in the Dome.

As for the lineup, it reads as follows. Podsednik, Beckham, Dye, Konerko, Ramirez, Kotsay, Quentin, Nix, Castro.

Beckham in the 2 hole I think is a really good move. That's the spot that he's made for. He has good power, but he's also a great opposite field hitter and a solid bunter. He is also really good at hit and runs. That moves Alexei down to 5th, which I think is a little too high for him based on his career power numbers but the way the lineup fills in behind him it seems to fit. Kotsay gets his first start at a member of the Sox. He's a solid hitter and a really versitile guy, so I think he will make a positive impact here. Nix and Castro in for spot starts as this is a travel day.

Just like seemingly every time we play up in Minnesota, pre-game there is no reason why the Sox shouldn't win this game. But if I was a gambling man, I'd continue putting my money on the Twinks until the Sox prove otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment