Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Carlos Quentin Update

For those of you that have not been following this as closely as I have here's the latest.

Carlos has been rehabbing in Kannapolis with the Sox Single-A team this week. He was 2 for 3 as a DH Monday and followed that up Tuesday going 0 for 1 with 2 walks and playing 6 innings in left. He is hitting right at .333 in his time spent between A and AAA ball, but has only played those 6 innings in the outfield.

I've read here, that Quentin is not expected back in the lineup for at least another week, which puts us at Monday/Tuesday. But I've also seen this, which says he could be back as early as Friday (which would be awesome).

Either way he will probably not be back in the outfield for the Sox right away. He will probably get a a start or two at DH and then gradually work back up to playing all 9 in left field. I've gone over it a countless number of times about how important it is to get him back. For me hitting is not going to be the issue for Carlos. It is defense and health. He's going to hit when he comes back, they just need to be real careful to keep a close eye on him and not over extend him (or let him over-extend himself).

I'm really hoping for it to be Friday, but if I had to bet on the situation I'd place my money on Monday when the Rays come into town. Either way, we are really close to his return, thank god.

No comments:

Post a Comment