Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sox Score 4, Feels Like 30

I'll preface this post by saying that the game was on FOX so here in Columbia, MO i was unable to watch. It did give me a chance to listen to Farmer and Jackson though. And it was actually not too bad. DJ is substantially better on radio. He seems to feel a lot more comfortable with Farmer than he did with Hawk. I don't know why, but that was what I thought.

As for the game itself. Scott Podsednik was the key. Well him and Gavin. I really wasn't sure what was going to happen with Pods rejoined the Sox. I didn't think he was half the player he was when he was on the Sox in 05, but it's almost like we got the exact same guy. He's getting on base, stealing bases, and causing havoc on opposing teams defenses. It seems as if any inning he comes up with 1 or no outs he gets the ball rolling puts the Sox in a good position to get a run.

That being said today they actually went out and got the runs he set up for them. The key run was the one scored in the first inning. Pods got out there to second with Alexei still up. Alexei knocked him over and Thome knocked him in. When your in the middle of a 24 inning scoreless streak getting off the schnide in the first inning is huge. It helped set the table and took a ton of pressure off Gavin.

Not much more for me to say about the Sox right now. Tomorrow is a big game though. Got to keep the ball rolling going into the 5 game set with the Tigers. The whole 5 game series is really cool though. There's no worrying about which pitchers we get and which we don't. There are opportunites for either team to salvage something from the series, and there's also a good chance not too much comes of it. Should be really interesting, I'm really excited for it.

5 comments:

  1. You mean Darrin Jackson. Chris Singleton doesn't do the radio broadcasts anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call. Both are equally not good, but DJ is definitely better on radio than on TV. Not sure how I messed that up but thanks for the catch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I honestly did listen to that entire game on the radio. You think they might actually say their names on there so sub-par bloggers like me don't screw it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree DJ has much better chemistry with Farmer. Hawk was kind of a jerk to him in the booth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were 3 or 4 times during the game that I laughed at some of the quips they were making. That never happened with Hawk. All I ever laughed at on TV was Hawk and his shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete