Thursday, May 21, 2009

Do Sox Make Playoffs If They Do Get Peavy?

My inclination is to probably say no. It will surely make them a better team than they are right now, but I don't know that this would neccessarily get them over the hump. The Tigers are a really good team and I'm not sure the Royals are going to go away as quick as I once thought.

However I really don't know that the Sox making it this year is that important in this trade. Do realize that Jake Peavy has a deal signed through 2013. So this deal would legitamize the Sox staff for at least the next 4 years. Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, and Floyd give you a solid 4 for at least the next few years. So honesly I think this is a win for the Sox whether they make it this year or not. But I still hold on saying that it wont get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment