Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wait You Have to Score to Win a Baseball Game?

Funny the Cubs offense was not aware that scoring runs is the way to win. After Ted Lilly pitched a masterful game for seven innings, the Cubs decided not to score off of Johnny Cueto and the Reds won 3-0. 

Ted gave up one unearned run in his seven innings pitched, though that run was Ted's fault for his bad fielding. Joey Votto his a RBI double off of Angel Guzman in the eighth and Kevin Gregg let Jay Bruce hit a homer in the ninth to finalize the final score. Quick aside- I said I don't want the Cubs to be responsible for Jay Bruce getting hot this season, but they are. Two homers in as many games.

The first inning was the Cubs best chance to score, Fukudome and Lee got one out singles. Milton Bradley and Aramis both blew chances to drive the runs in. The rest of the night the offense laid down and took it from Cueto. A few scattered hits, and even David Weather and Cordero shut the Cubs down. 

Aaron Miles shouldn't start, though tonight's loss wasn't his fault. Also Aramis will be getting his cleanup spot back very soon if Milton can't start hitting.

Tomorrow I might have something early, but with an afternoon game between Harang and Carlos Big Z El Toro Zambrano I doubt it. Z was awful last time out, and I think it continues tomorrow, meanwhile Harang has been really good this season and I see no reason why that won't continue.

Prove me wrong Cubs, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment