Sunday, March 8, 2009

USA Advances

Due to the fantastic pitching performance by Matt Thornton (1 IP, 0 ER) in Game 1 against Canada, coupled with Thornton's fantastic enthusiasm exerted from the bench in Game 2 vs. Venezuela, the United States are through to the next round.

Don't bother trying to order Matt Thornton USA jersey shirts on MLB.com, because I have purchased 365 of them so I will be wearing a new one every day starting on the day I get them. I'll keep you posted on their arrival.

In all seriousness it is nice to see the US doing well in this tournament. 3 years ago was somewhat of an embarrasment for the US and they are doing a good job of righting the ship so far. Game 1 was a real good game and Game 2 was one in which the Americans were able to just dominate from the 6th inning on. Lilly will be pitching the next game, so odds are Justin will be all over that one.

1 comment:

  1. For a Ted start I might have to put my WBC hate away.

    ReplyDelete