Sunday, August 30, 2009

On to Minnesota, Can It Get Worse?

It's hard to fathom this team do any worse this week than they have over the past week, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do. With the next 3 games in the TwinkieDome and then 1 at Wrigley it seems as if the Sox season, if not over yet, will be over by Thursday. That is if history follows as it normally does meaning the Sox will suck in Minnesota and the Cubs/Sox series will even back up like it always does.

But that being said, it's hard to imagine this bad of baseball can continue for much longer. With a team with as much talent as the Sox have (both pitching and hitting) it's hard to believe that they will continue to play this poorly. Maybe the trends that we know will reverse. Maybe because we've played so poorly lately that we all we need is to play in a place where we are supposed to play poorly. We are normally good in New York, solid in Boston, and don't struggle against bottom feeders at home (Orioles). So maybe the normal sweep in Minnesota won't happen. and maybe that can turn around this season.

I know I'm stretching here, but I'm hanging on for dear life. The way I see it is that we need to find a way back into 2nd ASAP and then need to be within 3 by the 2nd week in September. So if we fail like normal against the Twins, the season will end. So I'm just trying to do anything to make myself think this thing isn't over yet. Even though by Thursday I'm sure I will be write back on this bog claiming we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment