Friday, August 21, 2009

Not Good, Sox, Not Good At All

Losing a game to the Orioles is bad, losing a home game to the Orioles is worse, losing a game to the Orioles before an epic 11 game road trip is just terrible.

The problem I have with it is that I can't figure out why we can't hit. A lineup with Dye, Konerko, Thome, Rios, Pierzynski, and more, and they can't get 2 runs off Jeremy Guthrie. Really?

And I just can't figure out why this is happening. It's getting to a point that is really frustrating. Since the Rios move, I am positive that the Sox are a better team, yet they can't seem to gain any ground if their lives defended on it. But I'm going to try to sit back and relax and let this thing play out. I don't want to get too mad now because there is still a lot of baseball to play.

But we do need to get going. Every day that passes and that don't start cutting this lead down, makes that penultimate series against the Tigers all that much more important. I know it's down the line, and I know those games are at home, but my heart can't take anything like last year. So please White Sox, start playing well and make the playoffs, I'd rather have a heart attack there than trying to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment