Monday, August 24, 2009

How to Give Up a Rotation Spot

Three weeks ago I was sick of Jose Contreras. Two weeks ago I called for him to be booted from the rotation. One week ago I became angry. Today I want to either hurt him or hurt myself.

Jose was absolutely brutal today. Couple that with the 4 pathetic outings he had the last few starts, and it's officially time. If he's not out of the rotation by nights end, I might pop a few blood vessels.

I'm not going to go on about why he needs to be out of the rotation because no one will read 45 pages of me giving examples, but I will say this. If you are not athletic enough to pick up a ball and tag a 300+ pound runner out to get out of a self-made jam, you do not deserve to wear a major league uniform.

It's time to suck it up. Put Peavy in there. Keep him on a tight leash (75-80 pitches) and let Carrasco take it from there. It's not that difficult.

Honestly though, at this point, I don't care if it's Peavy or not that takes his spot. I'm just praying that it happens. Ozzie has been so incredibly stubborn about this so far, and if he lets this go one start further, it's going to be up to the fans (and the media) to chastise him for it. There's no doubt there are many issues of why we can't put any wins together, but when your manager is giving up 1 game out of ever 5 (not to mention 1 of 3 if we have a sweep chance), you have to let the manager know he's screwing up.

Get over yourself Ozzie, get him out of there right now, and let us live (and win) in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment