Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why Is Lou Pinella Becoming Dusty Baker?

Towards the end of his tenure with the Chicago Cubs Dusty Baker did two very bad and very annoying things. First he made horrible, terrible, downright stupid in game managerial decisions. Second he blamed everything on other people. Don't look now, but Lou happens to be falling into that very same pattern, even if it hasn't reached Dusty levels quite yet.

After today's 4-1 loss to the White Sox, Lou trotted out the same old post game crap. 
"Look, what can I do?" 
"I'm not a dragon"
Whaddaya gonna do about it?"
Finally Lou realized, "I'm going to have to think about making some hard lineup changes."

Too bad I doubt it will happen. If it were me, I'd put Soriano either on the DL or at second base and get the Hoffpauir/Fox platoon going in left field. Fox crushed a ball today and then spent the ninth inning getting every ball hit to him. His bat is desperately needed in the lineup. 

Will anything change? No. The same trio of Soriano, Miles, and Fontenot will suck the life out of the offense again tomorrow. I'm sure Soto will put down the rice and beans long enough to pop out to center a few times. Meanwhile Lee, Bradley, and Theriot will get base hits, but all in different innings and never in a big spot.

At least Big Z is pitching tomorrow, so there will be one good hitter in the lineup. 

Until tomorrow's 1-run effort, remember that at least we still have an awesome pitching staff and a whole lot of BABIP correction coming our way at some point. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment