Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Stop Watching, the Cubs Go Grand Slam Happy

So I guess I shouldn't watch the Cubs anymore because I don't watch for three days and they go 3-0 with two grand slams one of which was hit by Ryan Theriot. Having not seen any of these games I can tell you that I'm very happy with the starting pitching in the series (beside Rich Harden) and really happy to see some clutch hitting with men on base from people not named Alfonso Soriano

Ryan Theriot won't hit another homerun all season I can promise you that, but it was nice to see him have a two day power surge. Derrek Lee had two homers over the weekend as well and hopefully he can start building on that. Heck even Aaron Miles drove in a run Sunday with an RBI double.

There are still concerns with the team. Carlos Zambrano is going to find some time on the DL after he strained his hamstring today. Milton Bradley is becoming less able to hit everyday (I may have a post about this tomorrow), same with Geovany Soto. Rich Harden HAS to learn to be more consistent, this 3 or 4 inning 100 pitch start stuff needs to stop. Thankfully we have Ted Lilly, who might just push for the Cy Young this season if enough of his starts fall at Wrigley. 

Next up is two games at home against the Giants. Jonathan Sanchez will face Ryan Dumpster on Monday, NL CY Young winner Tim Lincecum will face Sean Marshall on Tuesday. 

Posting has been down lately because finals are approaching, but I'll do as much as possible to post everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment