Wednesday, April 8, 2009

White Sox 0 Royals 2

Not too good tonight. No late inning heroics, no clutch 2 out hits, barely any hits at all. Not the best day overall for the Sox to say the least.

However the pitching continues to be stellar so far. Gavin was great, Thornton fantastic, and Linebrink struck out all 3 batters he faced. However I don't feel I can give too much credit to the pitching yet because I still believe it's too early to actually pick on the hitting. I will say this, as good as the pitching has been that is as bad as the hitting has been. I'll leave it at that.

Disappointing game, lucky for us there is another one literally right around the corner. We are only about 15 hours away from the rubber match. Hopefully Johnny D is on his game tomorrow because we have seen some problems with Davies before. He is 2-1 against the Sox. Couple games with about 5 innings and 3 runs, 1 with 7 innings 3 runs. I'm not a doctor but it seems as though the Sox will be scoring 3 runs tomorrow. Hopefully young John can hold down the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment