Friday, April 24, 2009

Players Revealed

Sorry I'm late on this, I'm busy being pissed at the Cubs (more on that in about 5 minutes).

Player A- Pedro Martinez



Player B- Sandy Koufax 

Now obviously if I were to toss those two names out almost everybody would automatically take Koufax. I'm basically saying that in my opinion Pedro was the more dominant pitcher over each player's prime. For those who think that all those complete games are really cool, keep in mind that this stretch of pitching ruined Koufax's arm and forced him to retire. 

2 comments:

  1. Pedro is probably the greatest pitcher in ML history numbers wise. However, if I could take a pitcher for one game, I would take Koufax. He was the essence of a big game pitcher, and more than anybody other than Randy Johnson and Bob Gibson, struck fear in the eyes of hitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about it for the past 15 minutes and I've decided that I agree with you. Koufax in his prime for game 7 of the world series is the choice, but god damn Pedro is still sick.

    ReplyDelete