Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Second Base Update

While the last time I took the time to talk about the second base spot I was on the Brent Lillibridge bandwagon, I have since jumped off. I now believe it is Chris Getz's spot. He has been doing well this spring (.286, HR, 4 RBI), and I feel like he deserves it more than Lillbridge or Nix do at this point.

That being said I still believe Beckham deserves a shot on this team come April 6th and that spot is now SS. Beckham hitting .333 with 2 HR should not be moved away from his natural position when the guy filling that position is being moved from last year.

Alexei is now my center fielder and Anderson and Owens are battling for a backup spot.

Also, a Viciedo update. He's hitting .238 with 2 HR. He may not be ready yet. Hopefully I'm wrong and he can turn it around quickly, but I'm afraid to say he will probably start the year in Triple A.

No comments:

Post a Comment